Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yes or No?

OMG i have 3 YESes! From 3 pretty good companies for 6 month internships!

Option #1: Ok brand/Great job scope/Scary culture
Option #2: Ok brand/Good job scope/Great culture
Option #3: Great brand/Sucky job scope/Ok culture
Now what?
I'm really inclined to #2 after today's interview..I think if i'm gonna sacrifice 6 months, top on my list will be company culture and chemistry followed by the job scope. (Note i'm ignoring pay since internships are exploits anyway.) #1 is really awesome in terms of jobscope though, i get to dabble with outdoor ads and media! But the manager who spoke to me seemed really off..i can't decide if he's really testing my patience to see how i fare under stress or if he's just 'giving face' coz i got this through a referral from a big shot a.k.a his boss.
Well, for his info i don't need referrals to back me up..it was more of an "advanced opportunity"..having contacts helps to speed up the waiting time of finding a job..now i know. He wants me to give a Yes/No answer by today! So fast lor, after interview yest only.
Anyway, I've alr planned what i wanna do in hall nx sem too! So the workload and time schedules can't be too screwed up and unpredictable, which #1 seems to be. But if i do reject this one i know i'll be missing a lot coz the job scope is really awesome, plus the stress and challenges he described seem like the perfect dose of reality to jolt me into cyncism.
On the other hand, #2 seems really friendly, like i can learn the right amount without killing myself from overwork (since all i really want is a taste of marketing) and they have a great bunch of people who stick together and work things out. I could sure use some of that camaredarie if i get into trouble as an intern. And for 6 months, sure kena ignorant problems one.
As for #3, i don't even wanna bother thinking on it. Offer me SALES cum marketing job..do events at IT roadshows..come on. After 20mins of interview (unlike #1 & #2 which were 1.5 & 1.2 hours respectively) you don't know what i can offer you lor. Nv even ask me the proper questions..i bet the guy just looked at my face and decided i was for sales. -___- *pui*!
Oh well, haha i guess what i've just reflected on has kinda decided the path i might take. Pray hard #2 doesnt' find a more suitable candidate after today! Only can confirm nx wk..so wobbly sia.
Right! Off to Val's party at Cafe Del Mar now!! Will have to tell #1 to give me some more time to think. Urgh, when it comes, it all come in one shot.

Me, signing off now!

No comments: