Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wigs, Hairpieces and Semi-pro Photography

Before i could really start celebrating and chillin' in response to my last entry, my dad roped me in to start a catalogue for the hairpieces that will be/are taking centerstage in the stores.

But one day of 'doing a favour' became 5 over a span of 2 weeks. Initially i was fine with helping out (helping out as in doing the entire photoshoot project myself), but then i realised that the number of stock they had was neverending. Sheesh. And i say to myself: ishouldveknown.

Not that it hasn't been fun being alone in a room full of assorted wigs of different colours and lengths with the bodyless mannequin heads during the 7th month. It's really cool how one's hairdo can change one's entire look! Damn awesome! These few days i've stepped into the shoes of a hairstylist and it is pretty cool.

Take a look at some of the do's i took shots of (with the same mannequin head):

short/bobbed
shoulder-length
 
long and curly
freaking long and scarily straight

These are just the tip of the iceberg. 4 out of the 160 wigs i took to be precise. Super tedious work okay!! Each wig had to be properly combed and placed, and the headshots had to be taken with front, side and back shots, and as you can see, the lighting wasn't very good it was DIYed with mahjong paper as background and the mannequin propped up on a mj-papered cardboard box. And i held a neon lightbulb to aid in lighting.

Whew. I buanged this mannequin head on the 2nd day when it fell backwards coz the super long wig was too heavy. :/ The nose got dented oops. Sigh..I guess the most time-consuming part would be putting all the pics onto MSword so they can be printed out. I nearly died staring at my netbook rearranging all the pics.

Obviously i'm not gifted in techy stuff like this maybe that's why i nearly went crazy after a while.

To top this 'volunteered stint', today, i was 'asked' to model for a dozen hairpieces because 1) i was the only damn free person around 2) my hair was long enough 3) not like i had much of a choice (since it was a favour).

Mind you, not that it wasn't fun or that i didn't learn alot about cool hairdos I could do with the various accessories from Sinma (this time with my own hair), but oh, how time-consuming it was!

Here's some of the cool do's (unedited)!!

 

Honestly cannot believe that's how the back of my head looks like. Buns never worked for me until now! (With plenty of mousse of course.)

But anw. The whole point of this post is that....I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE BECAUSE I WANT TO GET READY FOR CORPORATE JAIL!!!

Haha. By getting ready i mean slack my ass off for the very last time as a non-working person and get myself into a mental state of enthusiasm for my first shot as a working adult. These few days helping out at my dad's have been really enriching and interesting, but still.
I guess in other circumstances (i.e. about 1 month ago) i would thoroughly enjoy and continue finishing this project (there's still about 50 more wigs to shoot). But this week i have been feeling a tinge of edgyness since i submitted the signed contracts on Monday.

I really can't believe i'm starting work just next week! *shudders* Anticipation and Trepidation mixed evenly together.

Well, one last thing though. I realised that stuff in my Dad's store are actually pretty trendy, very useful and can do the most wondrous stuff to your hair! And the quality of the things sold here is quite high since most stuff are imported from Korea and Japan. Like the awesome nail polish - Mosaic (housebrand), earrings and the various hairwigs - some totally feel/look damn real la.

Hokay i'm gonna stop here its been a SUPER long post of ranting!! Bye!

No comments: