Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Hiatus!

This year, I celebrated Halloween for the first time.

And i dressed up as a trannie. haha. ok just kidding..i was supposed to be a 60's agogo girl but honestly the wig made me look like a friggin' trans. :(
But then the guys told me to just wear it coz it'll make my costume stand out more (obviously) and i'd already spent $10 renting it..(sigh kena bluff only-so ugly)

So we were all getting ready to head to a party thrown by the SSA (Singapore Students Association) whom we've been hanging out with ever since SEP started and here's a pic of my houseful of freaks!!

Bananas in PJ's, White man from Matrix, Guy in wet suit, Cowboy and the trannie 60's girl!! haha you can obviously tell that we just threw our own things on with a coupla accessories to make the look. All exchange students la..not enough moolah for this kinda things..


The party was wacky..people really dress up here for Halloween, renting costumes and some making their own..i guess i didn't miss DND after all this year!! (Although kr dnd more fun la got pageant etc)

I really like a few of the costumes the SSA pple came in..like the mime!! And there was Ryu and Ken who were super muscly and the Night Before Xmas character was in full-blown suit too!



Best part of it all, was the Pumpkin Carving Competition..first time see pumpkins so huge la!! I had a hand in carving my group's pumpkin too..the skin is really very thick..about 1 inch or so, and it's like a big shell after the insides are dug out..

I like my team's pumpkin..he is Friendly Geologist Guy! haha as written on the helmet..anw the 4 pumpkins up for judging were all pretty good! Esp the joker one!! It really looked abit siao..esp when we put green/yellow lightsticks inside each of them and turned the lights off in the room.



After the results were out (random one la..they gave it to the one at the end), the whole gang decided to head down to 6th Street, this famous street in Austin known for the nightclubs and bars.. I tell you. It was like Chinatown on Chinese New Year except with crazily dressed people!

Americans are simply siao! The costumes ranged from Really Freaky to Downright Raunchy to Professional-just-outta-Disney/Hollywood. Mostly, it was a chance for gals to bare their flesh and the homos to revel in their "true identities". The best costume I saw that amused me the most was a guy in a blown up dick suit..damn hilarious! Alright, i'll let the pics do the talking now




Yupyup! so that was an eye-opener for me this Halloween..well at least now i know..the next time i celebrate Halloween, I am SO not going to wear wigs man. -__-



No comments: