Monday, September 8, 2008

More Happiness, Less Emo-ness!! :)

haha..okay the previous entry was pretty emo..but let's just say that storm in a teacup didn't brew for too long. My cup of tea always knows how to make me happy again quick. :)

So, school's been going on for a couple of weeks now and boy, was I wrong about the system here! UT people do mug hard! Consistently summore..and the worst bit is having to speak up frequently in class. The problem is, they don't get half my words half of the time so that's a little irritating. Last week i felt super OSTRACIZED after one class where i had to team up with 3 other gals - they almost totally ignored me and just kept talking to themselves.
I felt really blue the whole day..luckily, there's always my fav bubble tea store around the corner at the end of the day to brighten things up! =D

okay..so on to fun stuff i've been doing the first few wks of school..i've been COOKIN', Mummy!!
Yup, thanks to the crash course by my favorite chef, my Ma, here are some dishes i've come up with despite the limited resources (1 pot, 1 frypan, 1 pkt of chickenwings) the 4 of us have invested in after travelling to the faraway supermarket on wkends.
Dish #1: Chicken Curry!!!

Looks good right!! I just used chicken wings and drumlets, potatoes and carrots..And the ultra-yummy curry paste from the Boss!! It really did taste as scrumptious as it looks, especially after all the sucky 'fake' asian food we've been exposed to here.

Dish #2: Pumpkin Porridge!!
Haha okay this one doesnt look as good but the glorious taste sure brings back a wave of nostalgia after missing home for 1 month..Mummy's Specialty Pumpkin Porridge! Yay..now i have mastered it well enough to cook it myself! Only i took 2 hours to cook this simple dish coz i had to remove the meat from the leftover chicken wings since it was the only meat we bought..IT IS NOT EASY i tell u!! And i had to chop up this Butternut Squash, which i was the only kind of pumpkin (or veg that looked like a pumpkin) i could find in the supermarket here, using a normal sized knife - not the huge chopper kinds..and this butternut squash is ROUND and HARD, and i had to practically SAW through it to cut it in half.

Yep..i didn't know making porridge needed that much energy. But it sure was worth it! :)

Okay last dish, courtesy of my dear Wei Liang on my 21st birthday..

Dish #3: Cream Pasta with Sliced Ham, Bratwursts and Smoked Salmon, and Ice Cream Fruit Salad!!


yumyum!!! More dishes coming up soon!! One dish per week at least..Keep urself posted! :)

No comments: