Thursday, August 28, 2008

*21*

I'm 21!! Though it doesn't really feel like it yet..
One of the most meaningful gifts I got this year was my very own Birthday Song:

Song for the Sis

Hey Sis, you’ll be missed
Even if it kills me to admit
I’ll be fine, oh don’t fret
There’s always the new boys to smile at

I want you to know,
That nothing’s ever a competition
We read each others’ minds
And that is no assumption.
No matter how much we fight
Or how long we steam,
We’ll always come back together like strawberries and cream.

I just wanna say,
Don’t envy me for being more bold;
Sometimes I think you
You always have more self-control!
Anyhow who can wish for more
We can talk thru the nights
And you’re never a bore

So take care, my better half
Have fun while you can.
I hope your BF takes care of you
In that oh-so-faraway land!

No matter the miles
Or lack of communication styles,
When you’re down never frown
I’m just a message away…

Remember.
You’ll always be a part of me.
I’m part of you indefinitely.
So Happy Birthday my twinnie twin,
And Happy Birthday to me too..

You rock lah, Sis! *hug*..i sure hope you get plenty of sweet surprises this special year. :)

It's an exceptionally long birthday this year for me, being in a place 13 hours behind SG time. Well, in a way it's kinda special that i'm far away from home and people i know/love. New friends in a new environment..

The 2 other boys staying with me gave me my very first gift at midnight -- Real Fireworks in a box! i can't wait to light them up soon..heard it's illegal tho..haha

WL was really sweet too of course, he got me JASON MRAZ live concert tickets!!! i'd given up hope on that after missing him at SingFest '08 and then after they got sold out online for the concert live in Austin..dunno how he got these hot tickets la..super sneaky..I'M DAMN HAPPY CAN!!!! *beams* (i got the best bf ever!!)

27th August was also the 1st day of school, and my schedule is jam-packed on Mondays and Weds! Had 8-9.30am, 9.30-11am, 12.30-2pm, 3.30-5pm classes and of course, nth exciting happend during class except my identity crisis which i had to convince myself i am my new angmoh name. (don't tell u guys yet)

Reached home, WL cooked dinner for two - his very first time! Super effort! Cream Pasta with ham and pan-fried shimp, smoked salmon and 2 huge bratwursts..there was even dessert! Fruit salad of sliced mangoes, grapes, bananas and cherry tomatoes with a huge dollop of Haagen Daaz Rum n' Raisin ice cream. Sinful to the max..i almost couldn't walk after that. (i got the best bf ever!!)

Gift #3 frm WL: a SBSP helium balloon floating in my closet! whee..happiness..haha (cheap thrill) Gift #4: A super-cool-pink nike shorts in my wardrobe! (just what i needed) :)

8pm, went out with the Singapore Students Association (SSA) pple for more icecream and cakes at Mozart's. (i was too full to eat much of the choc cake treat) More debates and brainstorming on what better angmoh name suits me..some good ones like Alesquini (thanks Waikit!), Mollie, Pocahontas (again), Fantasy(a PRC named herself that!),etc which cracked us all up.

11pm, back home for our nightly Texas Hold'em Poker with the 3 guys..

Midnight...got outta the living room and reached toward my room door..and found out i got locked out of my own room!!!

Somehow the lock had not been fully turned properly from the inside before i came out to play poker and closed the door on reflex. *sigh* damn suay.

So..more poker and Asshole Daidi till 3am while we waited for emergency maintenance to 'rescue' us. (Oh, and i shld talk abt how we've set up this 'Asshole Daidi board' to rank the players for our nightly sessions of cards. Quite cool! Shall post pics soon.) We gave up waiting at 3.30am when as usual, the inefficient office bailed out on us..poor WL and Justin had 8am classes in the morning.

Yup, so i slept on the couch on the night of my birthday. Super memorable. Well that's it for my birthday update!

THANK YOU Upstairs for Everything!! <3

No comments: