Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And that was September.

When I look back to September 2011, I will remember that it was a month of a turmoil of negative emotions.

What happened? I ask myself.

I guess a key factor would have been an over-run of pent-up feelings from end of august - which, was my 24th, or 2nd Rabbit year. (Which i had foolishly spent abroad with - of all people - work friends. Btw it didn't go too well but that's a story I will keep offline.)

1.  First time i haven't had birthday cake at all, nor a proper present from the bf. (i'm sorry, but these things do leave scars! and yes, i can't get over it even after 2 months!)

2.  R's wedding - one of the most extravagant weddings i've been to, in terms of food/ambience/live music from awesome hall seniors! But at my table of 10 there was our own little drama playing out all across the far end of the ballroom (yes, our table was seated right at the furtherest corner at the back but it was still good la). Anyway, the drama was that one of our closest pals, T, had just broken up with his long-time gf, but since the bride didn't know, she naturally arranged for the couple to be put at the same table. All this was fine and dandy, because we all assumed the ex-gf wouldn't be attending. But right at the very last minute, she did turn up. And it just so happened that the last remaining seat on our table, was right opposite T! So throughout the dinner it was basically a half-half table talk. Lucky the table was really huge and there was dim lighting throughout most of the dinner. :S

Anyway, it kinda made me a lil' sad to think of the break-up, since T and the ex were the couple who got together just before myself and W. Erpz. Shan't go there!

3.  Boss went on long leave - finally! Good for her seriously! - and that's when I found out during those last 2 weeks of Sept that maybe...just maybe...i seriously need to buck up at work. Among other things of course. I wouldn't say its just me, but there should be some more pro-active way of getting outta being micro-ed. (ok shall stop here)

4.  One too many weddings might have made me re-think a little. All that (emotional) work to be done!

But, that all being said, that was just September. October has been looking real good (altho its only been like 4 days) so far, with the awesome Kelong Trip i'd organized since August that finally happened!!!

More happy updates right up! Hopefully my internet at home wakes up its idea. It went cranky after the govt came in to do some free Omni-wire thing - maybe its a ploy to reduce our data usage or sth. :(

Ok bye!

No comments: