Friday, October 8, 2010

This mighty thing called Love

Recently, I've witnessed/read/heard a couple of things that made my heart go 'boom' and a tear collect in my eye.

2 weddings and a funeral.

A distant cousin, a really pretty senior, and of course, MM Lee's wife.

The first is nothing much to talk about but the second... ...the pictures are just so lovely!! To Jingxian: I am so happy for you! The ROM and venue looked beautiful and simply romantic! Definitely made me wanna get married haha. And you two were such a gorgeous couple.

As for our dear ol' MM, i couldn't help but tear after reading his eulogy to his wife of 47 years.

Quote exerpt: "Her last wish she shared with me was to enjoin our children to have our ashes placed together, as we were in life."

If that ain't love, i don't know what is. Theirs was a relationship matched with intelligence, trust and respect. Read whole eulogy here.

Part of my department went for the wake on Oct 4, and it so happened that my director was acquainted with the MM couple. Later in the day she shared that so close were the two of them that they were 'like clones' (or to that effect). His loneliness now must be extreme.

Ah, well..enough of other people's stories. It's Friday today! That's bf time for me since he's been operating on a alternate-sunday work week or 6 day/ 7 day week. Seriously, that company is working him (and me) to death! One precious half-day to be with the person that matters most.

I"ll leave off with a pic that feels so apt for this mood. Bye!


No comments: