Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Last Day of Class at UT

The University of Texas at Austin.

Ahh..it has been good. Definitely a refreshing burst of something different; they say change is rejuvenating..it certainly is.

I especially enjoyed the last week of class, and no, it's not the usual last-week-of-school-look-forward-to-holidays reason but rather the lecturers were all in very light-hearted moods and were particularly jovial and reflective. Over here, the profs sincerely wish for you to be the best you can be; and for themselves, to acknowledge their own strengths and weaknesses so they can make the next class better. They're really passionate about what they teach, you can tell when they come to class and their faces light up when they talk about their subject - ALL 5 of my modules - Leadership Issues, Org B, Brand Management, Finance and Consumer Behavior. I love that about this university!

I probably have said this a few times already, but I shall say it again - I LOVE THE MANAGEMENT COURSES over here!!! The last 2 classes from my MAN 337.9 (Leadership Issues) and MAN 336 (Organizational Behavior) classes left me feeling all tingly and inspired this week. Both Dr Kristie Loescher and Aroian Mihran are exceptional speakers and leaders in their own right. Maybe it's an American thing, the smooth-talk and ability to extract powerful words on cue; but it's something i really admire.

Here's a video we watched on the last day of my Leadership Issues class by Les Brown, super passionate guy:


"Courage is the judgement that what you want is more important than what you fear." - Les Brown

Yep, pull out my guts man. I'm afraid of so many things I shouldn't be afraid of; sometimes it helps to remind myself that the worse that can happen isn't as bad as it seems. And, the gains outweigh the losses most of the time.

ahh..bottomline is, I'm very glad I had the chance to come to UT. Hook 'em horns!

No comments: