Friday, November 21, 2008

I am an (emo) Thief!!

i can't believe i just did it..i took it without paying!

ok i did it on purpose. Sneaked a drink frm the cafeteria and just took off. Normally it would cost i guess US$1.75, but i wasn't hungry today (again) and was craving Raspberry Tea...and probably because i still can't let that incident go in this very place.

Been kinda moody recently, with a sudden stockpile of work to do again and a serious lack of motivation to contribute to my projects and in class..I'd like to blame it on the past 2 weeks of droning around and having money-sucking incidents occur upon me but honestly, I think maybe, just maybe, I might just be sick of the USA.

Oh, i may very well be changing this opinion of mine, as soon as i get to NYC, Disneyworld and all..but right now, right now, all i got is sugar to keep the blood in my veins flowing.

I suddenly feel like bursting into song:

"Oh, give me a home
Where the buffalo roam,
Where the deer and the antelope play;
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day

Chorus:
Home, home on the range
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

How often at night
When the heavens are bright
With the lights from the glittering stars
Have I stood there amazed
And asked as I gazed
If their glory exceeds that of ours.

Chorus:
Home, home on the range
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

Oh, give me a land
Where the bright diamond sand
Flows leisurely down the stream;
There the graceful, white swan
Goes gliding along
Like a maid in a heavenly dream.

(Chorus)

Where the air is so pure,
The zephyrs so free,
The breezes so balmy and light,
That I would not exchange
My home on the range
For all of the cities so bright.

(Chorus)

Oh, I love those wild flowers
In this dear land of ours,
The curlew I love to hear scream,
And I love the white rocks
And the antelope flocks
That graze on the mountain tops green.

(Chorus) "

Hahaha..i actually found the whole lyrics for this! Been chiming in my mind throughout SEP but i never got pass the 1st para and the chorus..lol i LOVE this song! it's like my childhood thing la..the full lyrics make it even more beautiful, now that i know.

Although it hardly fits the description of my beloved Sunny Island SG, it sure does belt out my feelings right now..

"Oh give me a home,
Where the air is more warm,
Where they talk like they're singing a song
Where seldom is heard a proper Engalish word
And the clouds are all fluffy and gay

Home, home is SG
Where the clouds are all fluffy and gay
Where seldom is heard a proper Engalish word
And my friends will all know what I say"

S-I-N-G-A-P-O-R-E!

No comments: