Friday, October 10, 2008

Off to the Carribeans!!

YAY~

The past 2 weeks of non-stop mugging in SEP for 4 midterms and a 10-pager is finally over!! (Well, almost..1 more midterm left)

I SO TOTALLY DESERVE A BREAK!!

And that's why - I've just booked a Cruise to the Bahamas from 17 - 21st Oct next week! WoohOO~~~ Will skip only 2 days of class..if i had the chance i'd start from the 15th and skip 2 more but WL has midterm on 16th. boohoo.

Super stressed the last 2 weeks..siao one the system..sibei chiong. I should be able to get B la for all..(Of coz want A but kept having conflicting mental debates while studying - SEP lah, dun mug lah, shag lah, FB poker lah, etc.)

Well, one thing I do feel after 2 months of studying abroad at UT is: The syllabus here actually is much better than NUS! I can say i've learnt more this half semester than I really have studying Management in NUS the past one or two sems. Even though I dont' think i'll score that well for my midterms but the things i studied for were really useful and i'm nudging just that little bit to knowing where i wanna be and what i wanna do in future.

Maybe it's a little too early to say, since i've only just started my first 2 main Marketing modules here and can't really compare the effectiveness of NUS mkt mods, but I can say i've definitely learnt something from these classes that i'll not forget for a little while. I think it's the way the professors teach - emphasizing keywords and (i'll admit) forcing us to participate and bringing in hands on projects which relate to the real world - take a real company/leader and work on bringing classroom concepts together etc.

Honestly, it takes work. This isn't exactly the kinda SEP one would expect - weekend holidays and ponning classes - and I think i've attended more lectures/classes here than I would if I was in NUS (maybe coz here no webcast). But (as learnt from my leadership classes), one's gotta reflect, and yeah, it is cool here lah. (Although i still suck at participating coz I super hum ji. And i'll probably not get As here coz pple here really work hard and talk hard.)

Ahh.. okay Bahamas here I come after chionging a few more reports in advance for that 2 days i'm skipping and covering my project parts so i won't be a bad group member and my group mates won't give me bad evaluations!!!

Oh my gawd i am so becoming a nerd.

No comments: